Banana Pecan Oatmeal Bread
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. When life gives you bananas, you make banana bread. Hearty and delicious, this is a time-honoured, kid-approved favourite. Serve for breakfast or slice it up and pack it up in lunch bags.
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine all topping ingredients; set aside.
- For bread, combine oats and milk; let stand 10 minutes. Add bananas, oil and eggs to oat mixture; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do NOT over mix!)
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with reserved topping; pat gently. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.