Avocado Toast with Savoury Oat Crumble
Avocado toast is nutritious and tasty, especially with the delicious added texture of an oat crumble to complete the dish.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- Oat Crumble:
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Quaker® Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- Pinch each garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt
How to make it
- Oat Crumble: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°F). Toss together oats, olive oil, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt. Spread on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake, mixing occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden and toasted. Let cool.
- Mash together avocado, lemon juice and salt; spread evenly over toast. Arrange cherry tomatoes over top. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbsp (15 mL) Oat Crumble. (Refrigerate remaining Oat Crumble in airtight container for up to 1 week.) Serve immediately.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last