Apricot Oatmeal Muffins
Walk into a coffee shop and ask for an apricot muffin. There’s blueberry, raspberry, carrot and even zucchini, but apricot? It’s nowhere to be found. Guess if you want something done deliciously right, you’ve got to do it yourself. Luckily, our recipe for Apricot Oatmeal Muffins makes that easy.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons heat-stable sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray twelve medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg substitute and margarine until blended.
- In large bowl, combine flour, apricots, nuts, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last