Apple Snack Cake
The best cakes are usually the simplest to make. Ready in an hour from start to finish and perfect for any occasion our Apple Snack Cake might just become your go-to cake when you’re in the mood for something simply delicious.
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® Wheat Germ, any flavour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine water and oats; set aside. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- Stir in nuts. Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well. Add dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last