Apple-Scotch Oat Bars
Once in a while it’s nice to surprise them with something a little more personal in their lunch bag. Notes can be sweet, but not nearly as sweet and delicious as a homemade snack bar made with apple, butterscotch chips and just a hint of vanilla. Nothing beats hearing that the best part of their day was opening their lunch.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked) *
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, finely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavoured baking chips
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling, if desired
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Add combined flour, baking powder and salt; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in oats, apple and butterscotch chips. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last