Apple Raspberry Crumb Cake
Something wonderful happens when coffee and cake get together – like great conversation or juicy gossip. But when your cake combines the tart goodness of apple and raspberry and sprinkled with a light frosting of powdered sugar, well now you’re talking. Or at least you would be if your mouth wasn’t full.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 8 tablespoons margarine or butter, chilled
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup non-fat or reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped apple (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2/3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray 9-inch springform pan or round metal cake pan with cooking spray.
- For cake and topping, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Cut in margarine and ricotta cheese until crumbly. Reserve 1-1/2 cups oat mixture for topping; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream and egg whites; add to remaining oat mixture, mixing just until moistened. Spread batter over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
- For filling, combine apples, jam and flour; spoon over cake. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture over fruit.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and centre is firm to touch. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.