Apple Oatmeal Spice Cookies
It’s a classic oatmeal cookie with something a little bit special. With a hint of nutmeg, these cookies are perfect to pack up in a holiday treat tin and give as a gift. Of course, they taste just as delicious all year round.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup apple butter or applesauce
- 2 egg whites OR 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit or raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; mix well. In large bowl, beat sugars and margarine until well blended.
- Add apple butter, egg whites, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and dried fruit; mix well. (Dough will be moist.)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Tasty RewardsTM Members!Get my coupon*
*Get a Quaker® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last