Sit back, close your eyes and enjoy every luscious spoonful. That’s the kind of experience you’ll get with every warm bite of apples, cranberries and your choice of walnuts or pecans seasoned with cinnamon. It only takes about 45 minutes from start to finish, so you’re still getting a pretty quick dose of awesome.
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 packets Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener OR 1/2 teaspoon Equal® For Recipes OR 1 tablespoon Equal® SpoonfulTM OR 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups peeled and sliced fresh apples (about 3 large, 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (optional)
- 3 packets Splenda® OR 1 teaspoon Equal® For Recipes OR 2 tablespoons Equal® SpoonfulTM
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- For filling, combine flour, sweetener or sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well. In large bowl, combine apples, cranberries and water; mix well.
- Add cinnamon mixture to fruit; stir until fruit is evenly coated. Spoon into baking dish.
- For topping, combine the remaining ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples feel tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Serve warm.