ABC Meatball Soup
Soups aren’t just a great way to start a meal, they can also be the whole meal when there’s a delicious meatball in every spoonful. Add mixed vegetables, oats and pasta and you’re making a great weeknight dinner that’s as easy as A, B, C.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast OR lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce OR ketchup
- 1 can (49 oz.) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup alphabet-shaped pasta
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables (do not thaw)
How to make it
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Transfer to a sheet of foil. Pat mixture into 9 x 6-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 1-1/2-inch squares; roll each square into a ball. Arrange meatballs on broiler pan.
- Broil meatballs 6 to 8 inches from heat about 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
- While meatballs cook, bring chicken broth to a boil in 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pasta and frozen vegetables; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Add meatballs and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.