SMARTFOOD® Popcorn Balls
- 1 bag (6.75 ounces) SMARTFOOD® White Cheddar Cheese Flavored Popcorn
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
How to make it:
- Add SMARTFOOD® White Cheddar Cheese Flavored Popcorn to large bowl; set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, 1/4 cup water, lemon juice, and salt; bring to boil, swirling to combine. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until caramel reaches 245°F and reaches a firm ball stage (when a spoonful of caramel is added to a small dish of cold water and it forms a pliable ball of caramel).
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Working quickly, pour over popcorn, tossing evenly to coat. Let it cool slightly.
- With buttered or wet hands, shape into 24 (2-inch) balls. Let it cool completely.
Tip: Toss in 1/2 cup cashews or peanuts if desired.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.