Simple to prepare and beyond tasty, keep this recipe in your back pocket. With just a couple of ingredients it’s easy to get on the table. And once it’s there, your family will be quick to load up their plates.
- 1 1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce, ketchup, or barbecue (BBQ) sauce
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Pat into 8x4‑inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Let meatloaf stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Drain off any juices before slicing.