Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal
Close your eyes over your bowl and inhale. Snowshoes, sugar bushes, and piping hot maple syrup all come to mind. There’s no mistaking that sweet, wintery aroma. Breathe it in and just imagine what a spoonful will do.
How to make it:
- In medium saucepan, bring milk to a gentle boil. (Watch carefully.)
- Stir in oats, cranberries and Aunt Jemima<sup>®</sup> Syrup. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats or until most of milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until desired consistency. Stir in wheat germ. Spoon oatmeal into four cereal bowls.
- Drizzle with additional syrup, if desired. Serve with milk or yogurt, if desired.
Freeze single servings of cooked oatmeal in small resealable freezer bags. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to microwave safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on DEFROST until hot, stirring once or twice.Microwave Directions: In 3‑quart microwaveable bowl, combine all ingredients except wheat germ. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes for quick oats and 9 to 10 minutes for large flake oats or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Let stand until desired consistency. Stir in wheat germ