Chocolate Peanut Butter Scrumpets
Cross the chewy goodness of a crumpet with the flaky tenderness of a scone, and you have a scrumpet. Marry the sweet taste of chocolate to the nuttiness of peanut butter, and you’ve got classic flavour. Mix them all together and see what happens next.
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips*
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats and baking powder; mix well. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in chocolate chips. In medium bowl, using a wire whisk or fork, combine peanut butter, honey, milk, egg, and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to oat mixture all at once; mix with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Spray measuring tablespoon with cooking spray. For each scrumpet, drop 2 heaping tablespoons dough in mound onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack; cool 5 minutes.
- For glaze, combine honey, cocoa and enough water to make a pourable glaze in small bowl; blend well. Drizzle over scrumpets. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*We recommend using NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels
Variations: Substitute soy nut butter for peanut butter. Increase chocolate chips in dough to 3/4 cup and flour to 1‑1/4 cups.