Chocolate-Hazelnut Oatmeal Refrigerator Cookies
You’ve only got so much oven space, so whether it’s for a cookie exchange or a holiday event, a no-bake treat can save the day. These morsels packed with hazelnut, chocolate and oatmeal are original, delicious and so convenient.
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) 65% vegetable oil spread
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it:
- Line 3 cookie sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, spread and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue boiling 1 minute without stirring. Remove pan from heat. Immediately add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Working quickly, drop mixture by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Refrigerate until well chilled. Transfer to airtight containers, separating layers with waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.
For testing purposes, Nutella® chocolate‑hazelnut spread was used.