Cherry Berry Crisps
We all love a flaky crust, but the best part of any pie is the warm, fruity filling. These piping cherry and cranberry cups, bubbling up under cinnamon-kissed oats and brown sugar, get you right to the good stuff with the perfect amount of crispy crumble on top.
- 1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice or Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) pitted sour cherries, drained
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats, or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- In medium saucepan stir together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in cranberry juice, mixing well. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium‑high heat. Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and clear.
- Remove from heat; stir in cherries and cranberries. Spoon filling into six small (about 6 ounce) ovenproof custard or soufflé cups or heart‑shaped ramekins, dividing evenly.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Sprinkle topping over each fruit cup, dividing evenly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Variations:Spoon filling into an 8‑inch square glass baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.