Cappuccino Caramel Oat Bars
It’s hard to imagine anything more perfect than enjoying a creamy caramel cappuccino at your favourite neighbourhood cafe. Infused with the rich coffee flavour you love, sinking your teeth into this chewy dessert will get you pretty close to the real thing.
20 - 25 min
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder or instant espresso coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup spoon-able caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons very hot milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder or instant espresso coffee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 15 x 10‑inch jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, 1 cup pecans, baking soda and salt; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until creamy. In small bowl, whisk eggs with coffee powder and vanilla until well blended. Add to butter mixture; continue beating until light and fluffy. Stir in oat mixture; mix well. (Dough will be very thick.) Reserve 2 cups for topping; set aside.
- Using lightly floured hands, press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of pan. Spread caramel topping evenly over crust to within 1/4 inch from edges. Drop spoonfuls of reserved dough over caramel topping; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centre feels firm when lightly touched. (Do not over bake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- For glaze, combine milk and coffee powder in small bowl; stir until coffee powder dissolves.
- Add powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies in pan. Let stand 15 minutes to set glaze. Cut into bars or other shapes. Store tightly covered.