Berry Almond Bliss Bowl
Cereal for breakfast is fast, easy and gets the job done. But sometimes you there are mornings when you want something a little more special. That’s when you pamper the family with a delicious blend of almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and blueberries for breakfast. It’s easy. Healthy. Yummy. And hey, you all deserve it.
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3 cups fat-free milk or low-fat soy drink
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen (do not thaw) or canned (drained) blueberries
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make it:
- For topping, Combine oats and almonds in medium skillet. Cook over medium‑low heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until both are lightly browned.
- Cool completely. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Add oat mixture; mix well.
- For oatmeal, Bring milk and cinnamon to a boil in medium saucepan; stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Continue cooking, until blueberries are heated through and most of liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute. Spoon oatmeal into five cereal bowls. Sprinkle topping over oatmeal.
To toast oats and almonds in microwave oven, combine oats and almonds in glass pie plate. Heat on HIGH 2 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring every minute. Cool completely. Proceed as directed above. To toast oats and almonds in the oven, heat oven to 350°F. Place oats in shallow baking pan. Bake 5 minutes, stirring once. Add almonds and continue baking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats and almonds are golden brown. Cool completely. Proceed as directed above.