Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
These muffins are a happy marriage of wholesome goodness and true tastiness. The applesauce makes it moist, adding a subtle sweetness that will have you reaching for just one more. Bake a batch or two – and freeze for later.
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For muffins, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine applesauce, milk, sugar, oil and egg white; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved topping, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.