Chef Matt Basile's Nacho Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
An ooey-gooey Tex-Mex twist on an old classic.
Matt Basile is a Canadian chef and bestselling cookbook author, and the founder of Toronto street food brand, Fidel Gastro’s. As the 2021 Tostitos ambassador, Matt will create effortless recipes, which require minimal time in the kitchen, but deliver on flavour and crunch.
Tostitos products have always been a staple in my home, so I am excited to be putting a unique spin on some of my favourite products. Over the course of the year, I’ll share simple and approachable recipes that are fun and don’t require hours in the kitchen, but will be sure to impress your loved ones. I hope you enjoy my delicious dishes and snacks!
- 4-5 Tostitos® Hint of Lime flavour tortilla chips
- ⅔ tbsp Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso, divided
- 3 tbsp Tostitos® Roasted Garlic Salsa
- 1/4 Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/4 lb shaved roast beef
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 large hoagie roll or sub sandwich bun, about 15-20 cm long
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make it
- Preheat a cast iron pan or non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. In a bowl, mix your sliced Spanish onions with 3 tbsp of Tostitos® Roasted Garlic Salsa. Add your onions to the hot pan and allow the onions to cook until soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate non-stick pan, on a medium-low heat, add ⅔ cup of Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso and bring to a simmer. Once the Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso starts to bubble, lower the heat and keep it at a very low simmer, just to keep it warm.
- Once the onions start to soften and cook, move them to the side of the cast iron pan and add in your roast beef. Let the meat and onions cook, about 1-2 minutes and then give it a toss, season with some salt and a pinch of pepper. Then, take your onions mixed with the Tostitos® Roasted Garlic Salsa and place it over the shaved meat, so all the sauce and juices drip down and coat the beef.
- To build, take your hoagie bun and spread a generous amount of your warm Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso on the bottom half of the bun (about 2 tbsp), then add 3-4 Tostitos® Hint of Lime flavour tortilla chips. Next, add your steak and grilled onions on top of the chips, and top with sliced jalapeño and fresh cilantro. Spread another generous layer of Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso on the top bun and use any extra to drizzle over your meat and onions. Close your sandwich and enjoy.
Serves: 1 to 2
Tasty RewardsTM MembersGet my Coupon*
*Get a Tostitos® Coupon! Coupons available while quantities last