Maple Apple Oatmeal
It’s no secret that the sweetness of maple and the tartness of apple complement each other perfectly well. But a warm, spiced bowl of apple-sweet oatmeal just so happens to be even more perfect.
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or dried apple
- 1/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, bring juice, cinnamon and salt, if desired, to a boil; stir in oats, apple and syrup.
- Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 1 minute for quick oats or 5 minutes for large flake oats or until most of juice is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Let stand until desired consistency.