Cocoa Banana Mini Muffins
Full of ingredients like bananas and oats, Cocoa Banana Mini Muffins give you the taste of chocolate you crave in just a mouthful.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line thirty-six miniature muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine bananas, milk, margarine, egg whites and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.