Flamin’ Hot® Beer Can Chicken
Get the boys together for Game Day with some brews, Ruffles® Flamin’ Hot® Bar-B-Q potato chips and a beer can chicken - no question that you’ll be crowned the G.O.A.T of your crew on game day.
- 5 cups RUFFLES® FLAMIN’ HOT® Bar-B-Q Potato Chips, divided
- 3 tbsp honey, melted
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- 1 can (12 oz) Beer
- 1 foil roasting pan
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, for serving
How to make it
- In food processor, pulse 4 cups RUFFLES® FLAMIN’ HOT® Bar-B-Q potato chips until crushed. Brush honey all over chicken. Evenly rub crushed chips all over chicken; pressing to adhere to skin.
- Open can of beer and remove about 3/4 cup (reserve for another use). Assemble chicken to sit on top of beer can. Transfer to foil roasting pan, standing upright.
- Preheat one side of grill to medium-high heat, leaving heat off on remaining side for indirect cooking. Place beer can chicken in foil roasting pan on indirect heat side of grill.
- With lid down, cook for 60 to 70 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh registers 165°F. Let chicken stand in roasting pan on beer can for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove chicken from beer can (it will still be hot) and slice.
- Lightly crush remaining chips; sprinkle over sliced chicken. Serve with barbecue sauce for dipping.
Tip: To oven-roast beer can chicken, assemble chicken as above. Roast in 425°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F; cook for 45 to 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh registers 165°F.