LAY’S® Potato Chip Magic Bars
- 1 bag (10 oz/283 g) LAY’S® CLASSIC Potato Chips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) LAY’S CLASSIC® Potato Chips
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) slivered almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened large coconut flakes
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges; set aside.
- In food processor, pulse LAY’S® CLASSIC Potato Chips, sugar and flour to make coarse crumbs. Add melted butter; pulse for about 10 seconds or until evenly moistened and mixture resembles wet, coarse sand. Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown, crisp and dry. Let cool slightly.
- Using fingertips, crush LAY’S® Chips until size of coconut flakes; set aside.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over crust, spreading to coat evenly. Top with LAY’S® Chips, chocolate chips, almonds and coconut.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until sweetened condensed milk is lightly golden and coconut is toasted. Let cool completely.
- Using parchment paper as handles, transfer bars to cutting board; cut into bars.
- Substitute dark chocolate chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips if preferred.
- Substitute pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts for almonds if preferred.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.