For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups ground Fritos® Original Corn Chips (about 3 cups whole Fritos®)
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups leftover chili
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup canned green chilis, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Green onions
- Fritos® Original Corn Chips
How to make it:
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a food processor, grind Fritos® Original Corn Chips into a fine powder.
- In a bowl, mix together Frito powder, flour and melted butter. Press into a pie dish to form the crust. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake Frito crust for 12 to 18 minutes. Let cool slightly before adding the filling. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Make the pie: In a small bowl, combine chili and egg. Pour chili into the crust. Layer corn, onions and green chilis. Top with cheddar cheese, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let pie cool slightly before adding a layer of warmed refried beans. Make a lattice design with sour cream, and garnish with tomatoes, green onions and whole Fritos®. Enjoy!
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.