- Approximately 6 (4 ¼ oz) bags of Original Fritos
- 1 bag spiraled egg noodles
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 3 cups yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- 4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 1 teaspoon porcini powder
- ½ cup sherry cooking wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup milk, whole
- 1 cup sour cream
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
How to make it:
- Bring a large pot, filled with water, to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the canola oil, and cook the beef until browned.
- Pour the meat into a bowl and set aside. Add the onions and garlic to the pot, and cook until caramelized.
- Add the mushrooms, and sauté until soft.
- Add in the seasonings, salt and pepper to taste, and toast until warm and fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with the cooking wine, beef stock, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the reserved beef back into the pan, and sprinkle the flour over the meat mixture.
- Allow the mixture to cook for approximately 2 minutes, while stirring. Continue stirring and pour in the milk mixture. Allow the Stroganoff to simmer and thicken, then turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream.
- Season with lots of freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste.
- To assemble, this Frito Pie can be served within its own bag, or in a bowl. Toss some of the cooked egg noodles with the Fritos, and then ladle enough of the Stroganoff to coat each chip. Garnish with chopped parsley.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.