- 2 cups Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 whole large apples, chopped (use a sweet-tart crisp apple, such as Honey Crisp, Jonagold, Pink Lady)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a 9 inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine dry ingredients: apples, oatmeal, baking powder, spices and salt. In another small bowl, combine wet ingredients: milk, eggs, maple syrup, oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. P
- our mixture into prepared pie plate and bake on a cookie sheet for 45 minutes; cover with foil for the last 5 minutes if top is getting to brown.
- Cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with a dollop of low fat whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup or eat as is.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.