- 6 poblano peppers
- 1 jar TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa
- 4 cups shredded cheese, any combination of Monterrey Jack and Cheddar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ bag Tostitos® Mexican Style Three Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips, lightly crushed, 11 oz
How to make it:
- Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler and preheat broiler to High.
- Place whole peppers on baking sheet and broil until blackened on top, about 5 minutes. Flip peppers and continue broiling and flipping until blackened on all sides.
- Place blackened peppers in medium bowl. Cover with plastic. Allow peppers to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- When peppers are cool enough to handle, gently peel off and discard skins. Remove stems and seeds.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet
- Spread ½ cup TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa on bottom of prepared dish.
- Place 3 peppers in bottom of dish, arranging to cover completely. Top with half the shredded cheese.
- Cover cheese with remaining peppers. Top with remaining cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, baking powder, and flour. Whisk thoroughly to remove all lumps. Pour over casserole.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Spoon ½ cup TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa over hot skillet. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and 1 cup crushed TOSTITOS®
- Slice casserole into 6 pieces. Serve drizzled with more TOSTITOS® Restaurant Style Salsa and sprinkled with more crushed TOSTITOS®
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.