Spicy Doritos® Nacho Cheese Crescent Dogs
- 8 cups Doritos® Flamin’ Hot® Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips (2 cups crushed)
- 2 cans (each 8 oz) refrigerated crescent dough rolls
- 4 deli slices mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- 8 cooked breakfast sausages
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk Ketchup, for serving
- Mustard, for serving
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a food processor, pulse Doritos® Flamin’ Hot® Nacho Flavored Tortilla Chips to make finely crushed crumbs. Transfer to shallow dish and set aside.
- On lightly floured work surface, unroll crescent rolls two at a time, keeping pairs together to form rectangles. Pinch the perforated edges together.
- Place a half cheese slice in the center of a pastry rectangle. Arrange 1 tbsp jalapeño slices in a line down center of cheese slice. Lay a sausage on top. Fold the short edges over the ends of the sausage and then roll up the pastry along the long edges to enclose the sausage. Repeat with remaining pastry rectangles, cheese, jalapeños and sausages. Refrigerate, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together Tobasco, egg and milk. Brush each rolled sausage with egg wash and roll in crushed chips until well coated.
- Place seam-side down on greased parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, pastry is fully cooked and sausage is heated through.
- Serve hot with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
Tip: Alternatively, serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream for dipping.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.