Smoky Eggplant Dip with Pita Chips
- 1 bag (8 ounces) STACY’S® Simply Naked® Pita Chips
- 2 small eggplants (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (approx)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
How to make it:
- Preheat grill to high; grease grate well. Pierce eggplants several times with fork; brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill, turning often, for 18 to 20 minutes or until charred all over and tender. Place in colander set over bowl; drain and let cool completely.
- Peel and discard skin from eggplants (if eggplants are watery, drain for 10 minutes longer).
- In food processor, purée peeled eggplant and garlic until smooth. Add tahini paste, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper and smoked paprika; pulse until combined.
- Spoon dip into serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika. Serve with STACY’S® Simply Naked® Pita Chips for dipping.
Tip: Alternatively, roast eggplant on baking sheet in 450ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly charred and tender.
Serves: 6 to 8
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.