Puffectly Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp CHEETOS® Simply Puffs White Cheddar Jalapeño Cheese Flavored Snacks, pulverized to size of breadcrumbs
- 8 ½ inch thick slices green beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tsp. water to a smooth mixture
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup instant polenta
- ½ cup + 3 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- High-quality olive oil
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup English cucumbers, ¼ inch dice
- 2 ½ cups (divided)
- Baby arugula
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
How to make it:
- Combine the panko, polenta, ½ cup grated parmesan and 1 cup CHEETOS® Crumbs.
- Run the tomatoes through the flour, egg wash and breadcrumb/CHEETOS® mix.
- Reserve in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Deep-fry the tomatoes until brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with pulverized CHEETOS®.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush the corn with olive oil and cook until charred on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove the corn, let cool, and cut the kernels off the cobs.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté the corn and tomatoes with oil. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar. Season if needed.
- In a blender, combine 1½ cups arugula, pine nuts, 3 Tbsp. parmesan and 2 Tbsp. pulverized CHEETOS®. Turn on the machine and drizzle in about ½ cup of oil. Season with salt if needed.
- Schmear the arugula pesto on the plate. Place two fried tomatoes overlapping the pesto. Mix arugula and cucumbers with the tomato/corn mixture. Spoon the corn salad next to the fried tomatoes. Sprinkle with the coarsely chopped CHEETOS®.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.