- 1 1/2 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup(s) Peanut Butter
- 12 Tablespoon(s) (1-1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 Cup(s) Water
- 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
- 1 Egg(s)
How to make it:
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, peanut butter and margarine until creamy. Add water, egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined oats, flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover; chill about 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with tines of fork dipped in granulated sugar, forming crisscross pattern.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
For best results, use regular peanut butter, either creamy or crunchy. Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for baking.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.