- 12 flour tortillas, taco size
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup white onion, sliced ¼” julienne
- 2 jalapeños, sliced thin
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Baken-Ets® Traditional Fried Pork Skins, broken into pieces
- 1 ½ cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup TOSTITOS® Chunky Salsa - for topping
- ½ cup crumble Cotija cheese for topping
- ½ cup Baken-Ets® Traditional Fried Pork Skins, crushed
How to make it:
- Heat 2 skillets over medium-high heat, one nonstick and one cast iron or stainless steel. In the nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the onions and jalapeños, and saute until they begin to brown, then add the tomatoes and scrambled eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Occasionally scrape the bottom with a rubber spatula until the eggs are almost completely cooked, then add the broken Baken-Ets® Traditional Fried Pork Skins and cheese and continue to stir until the cheese has melted completely and the eggs are 90% cooked. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the other skillet, toast the tortillas for 15 seconds on each side and stack them up in a towel or wrap in aluminum foil so that they steam and stay soft.
- Spoon the egg mixture into each tortilla, top each taco with a few slices of avocado, a little TOSTITOS® Chunky Salsa, crumbled Cotija and the crushed Baken-Ets® Traditional Fried Pork Skins and serve immediately.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.