Low Country Pork Tenderloin Hoagie With Buttermilk Mustard Mayo
Everyone sitting around your pool is bound to love these zesty pork tenderloin sandwiches, especially when they’re served together with LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Cheddar Potato Chips. The natural sweetness of the pork marinade plays off the spice of the chips, creating an effect that tantalizes the taste buds. Try packing the sandwiches and chips up for tailgating or relaxing at a picnic. Add some fresh fruit salad and cold lemonade to fill out the meal and turn any social occasion into a party.
- 1 pound pork tenderloins, cleaned and butterflied
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup “bread-and-butter” pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped
- 4 hoagie or Kaiser rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 bag of LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Cheddar Potato Chips
How to make it:
- Mix together the ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and pepper.
- Brush the pork tenderloins on all sides with the marinade. Let the pork marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill.
- Salt the pork tenderloin on both sides. Grill the pork for 6 minutes on each side. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked to 160 F.
- While the pork cooks, split the rolls and brush them with softened butter. Toast the rolls on the side of the grill.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard and buttermilk. Brush the mayonnaise on one side of the roll.
- Slice the pork thinly. Place ¼ lbs of pork on each roll.
- Divide the lettuce, pickles and onions and place them on each roll.
- Serve the sandwiches with the LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Cheddar Potato Chips.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.