LAY’S® Sour Cream And Onion Pie
LAY’S® Sour Cream And Onion Flavored Potato Chips add a delicious twist to classic onion pie. The chips form a crisp, crunchy crust for a bed of sweet, sautéed onions and layer of rich, gooey cheese. It's a perfect side dish for grilled meats such as steak or pork chops, and it can also be a fun, unique entrée when served with a salad. The pie is also great on its own, especially with an ice-cold glass of PEPSI.
- 2 oz.(30 chips) LAY’S® Sour Cream And Onion Flavored Potato Chips
- 2 cups sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup each sharp white cheddar cheese and shredded Swiss cheese
How to make it:
- Place lightly crushed LAY’S® Sour Cream And Onion Flavored Potato Chips into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Cook the onions in the butter until they are translucent and limp.
- Layer the onions over the chips.
- Whisk together half-and-half, egg whites and seasonings. Pour over onions.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 30-35 minutes at 345 degrees Fahrenhiet.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.