LAY’S® Milk Chocolate Tart with Potato Chip Crust
This chocolate tart strikes the perfect balance of sweet, salty and chocolaty for an impressive dessert that is easy to make.
- 1 bag (8 ounces) LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1 bag (10 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup 35% heavy cream
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to make it:
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350ºF. In food processor, pulse LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips until finely ground. Add flour, melted butter and sugar; pulse just until combined.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden around edges and crust is set. Let cool completely.
- Filling: Meanwhile, in saucepan set over medium heat, heat cream until starting to steam. Reduce heat to low; stir in chocolate chips. Heat just until chocolate starts to melt. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled tart crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is set. Let cool completely.
- Topping: Meanwhile, heat cream in saucepan set over medium heat until just starting to simmer; pour over chocolate chips and butter in heatproof bowl. Let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Pour topping over top cooled filling; smooth top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or until chocolate sets.
Tip: Garnish tart with a drizzle of dulce de leche, shaved chocolate and sprinkle of crushed potato chips.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.