LAY’S® Green Bean Casserole
This casserole is jazzed up with LAY’S® potato chips for a tasty twist on a classic Thanksgiving dish.
- 3 cups Lay’s® Classic Potato Chips
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
How to make it:
- Coarsely crush Lay’s® Classic Potato Chips; set aside.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Rinse and refresh in ice water; drain well and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, shallots, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Toss together green beans, mushroom mixture, can of mushroom soup, sour cream, Cheddar, Parmesan and mustard. Scrape into greased 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Tip: Substitute onion or leeks for shallots if desired.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.