Layered & Loaded Doritos® Casserole
Bold, cheesy and oh-so delicious! This casserole starts with a beef base and is layered with cheddar cheese and crushed Doritos® Nacho Cheese flavored tortilla chips for the ultimate casserole with a burst of bold and cheesy crunch. Turn any family night into a bold dining experience, with this exciting take on loaded nachos!
- 1 bag (9 3/4 oz.) Doritos® Nacho Cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 1 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
- 1 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease 9-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Using hands, lightly break Doritos® tortilla chips into large pieces; set aside.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground beef; cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over beef mixture; stir in broth and salsa. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Top with half of the cheese and Doritos® tortilla chips; repeat layers once. Cover with foil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbling around edges. Garnish with lettuce, tomato, avocado and green onion.
Tip: Use mozzarella and queso fresco cheese instead of Cheddar cheese if desired. Serve with additional sour cream on top for a creamier version if desired.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.