Layered Doritos® Tacos
Save yourself the mess of traditional hard-shell tacos when you toss together these yummy layered tacos using Doritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips as your bold base. Put a crunchy and delicious dinner on the table in about 20 minutes. The Doritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips add a little extra tang to your fork-ready layered tacos for a unique flavor combination. This recipe makes enough for four to six servings, and it takes about five minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of cooking time.
Frito-Lay first sold Doritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips in 1972.
- 1 bag Doritos® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
- 1lb. lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 10 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
How to make it:
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until brown. Drain off any excess grease.
- Mix the taco seasoning in with the meat.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Simmer the meat for 5 to 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Place a handful of Doritos® chips on each plate. Top with 2 large spoonfuls of the meat mixture, then about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Repeat on each plate.
- Repeat the layers: A handful of Doritos chips, 2 large spoonfuls of meat and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Top with the shredded lettuce and jalapenos (optional).
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.