FRITOS® Fried Pickles
- 4 cups FRITOS® Original Corn Chips
- 4 large dill pickles, quartered and drained well
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
How to make it:
- In food processor, pulse FRITOS® Original Corn Chips until finely crushed (you should have about 1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips). Reserve 1 cup crushed corn chips; set aside.
- Using small knife, remove seeds down along center of each pickle spear. Pat pickles dry with paper towel. Arrange on paper towel–lined baking sheet in single layer; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika; reserve 1/2 cup. Set aside. Slowly whisk buttermilk into remaining flour mixture until consistency of pancake batter.
- One at a time, dredge pickles first in remaining seasoned flour, then in batter, allowing excess batter to drip back into bowl. Roll in remaining corn chips until well coated. Arrange on parchment paper–lined tray.
- Meanwhile, pour enough oil into saucepan or high-sided skillet to come 2 inches up side until instant-read thermometer reaches 350°F. In 2 batches, lightly drop breaded pickles into hot oil; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Serve hot with reserved crushed corn chips and ranch dressing for dipping.
Tip: Alternatively, serve pickles with Buffalo hot sauce or salsa.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.