Doritos® Taco Salad Bowl
Skip the tortilla wraps and serve this taco salad mixture over fresh, crisp lettuce with all the fixings, including bold and crunchy Doritos® Cool Ranch® flavored tortilla chips. This Doritos® Taco Salad bowl is likely to please even the pickiest eater and can be a new take on Taco Tuesday at your house!
- 1 bag Doritos® Cool Ranch® flavored tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups assorted chopped crunchy lettuce (such as iceberg, Romaine and green leaf)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 fl oz.) ranch dressing
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
How to make it:
- Using hands, lightly break Doritos® tortilla chips into smaller pieces; set aside. Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in ground beef; cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over beef mixture; stir in 1.5 cups water and beans. Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half of the broken Doritos® chips.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce among six shallow bowls. Top with beef mixture, tomatoes, avocado, radishes and remaining Doritos® chips. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with green onions.
Tip: If you like, you can really load up this salad by adding corn along with the black beans, then topping with shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese and serving with lime wedges.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.