Doritos® Spicy Sweet Chili Fritter
- Fresh or Frozen sweet corn kernels; defrosted - 1 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil -2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Ground DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips - 3/4 cup
- Chickpea flour - 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt; kosher - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper; coarse ground - 1/8 tsp
- Granulated garlic powder -1/8 tsp
- Red pepper powder - Pinch
- Green onion; chopped - 3 tablespoons
- Cilantro; chopped - 1/2 tbsp
- DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips; small pieces - 1/2 cup
- Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce - For dipping
How to make it:
- *Grind DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips in food processor until very fine
- Heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add 1 1/2 cups of sweet corn kernels.
- Cook, moving constantly, until kernels are slightly browned and golden, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, add contents of pan to blender. Blend, on high, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add paste to a large mixing bowl. Add ground DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips, chickpea flour, baking soda, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper powder.
- Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of sweet corn kernels, green onion, cilantro, and small pieces of DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili Flavored Tortilla Chips to batter. Fold in ingredients and reserve, in fridge, until needed. Allow batter to rest for at least 5 mins.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add 1 oz scoops of batter into pan and flatten slightly. Cook until each side is golden browned (approx. 2 minutes per side)
- Allow to cool on paper towel and serve warm.
- Serve with Spicy Sweet Chili sauce, for dipping.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.