DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Bacon Potato Bake
- 3 cups (750 mL) DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips, divided
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) whole milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bacon bits, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh chives, divided
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease 12-cup (3 L) baking dish; set aside.
- In food processor, pulse DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips to make fine crumbs; set aside.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes (you should have 8 cups/2 L); transfer to large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan set over medium heat; whisk in flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture resembles soft dough. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in 1 cup (250 mL) milk at a time, whisking constantly, until all of the milk is incorporated. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon.
- Reduce heat to simmer; stir in 2 cups (500 mL) of Monterey Jack cheese until melted. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Fold in 1/4 cup (60 mL) bacon bits and 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives.
- Transfer potatoes to casserole dish, spreading evenly. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove foil; sprinkle remaining cheese, bacon, chives and reserved DORITOS® crumbs over top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Tip: Substitute Cheddar for Monterey Jack cheese if preferred.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.