DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 4 cups (1 L) DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips, divided
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz/432 g) spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple pie filling
Apple Cider Glaze:
- 2 cups (500 mL) apple cider
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar, sifted
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Reserve 16 whole DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips; set aside. In food processor, pulse remaining DORITOS® Chips to make fine crumbs (you should have about 2/3 cup/150 mL crumbs); set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream and vegetable oil on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until well blended. Fold in apple pie filling and 1/2 cup (125 mL) DORITOS® crumbs. Reserve remaining DORITOS® crumbs.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, about two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tester inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool completely in pan on rack for 30 minutes.
Apple Cider Glaze
- Meanwhile, in saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine apple cider, brown sugar and cinnamon stick. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until mixture is syrupy, coats back of spoon and is reduced to about 1/2 cup (125 mL).
- Remove from heat; discard cinnamon stick. Whisk in icing sugar. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to resealable plastic bag; cut off bottom corner.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over cupcakes; sprinkle with reserved DORITOS® crumbs. Garnish each cupcake with whole tortilla chip.
Tip: Alternatively, garnish cupcakes with dried apples if preferred.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.