DORITOS® Mac and Cheese Balls
Serve these outrageously tasty DORITOS® Mac and Cheese Balls as a party appetizer, side dish, or snack.
- 2 cups DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
- 1 pkg (7.25 oz) mac and cheese mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
How to make it:
- In a food processor, mix DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips until finely ground; set aside.
- Prepare mac and cheese mix according to package directions (you should have about 3 cups). Stir in shredded Cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup tortilla chips, and 1 tbsp flour. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until well chilled.
- Combine remaining tortilla chips with breadcrumbs. Scoop mixture into 12 (2-inch) balls. Roll each ball in remaining flour, dip into eggs, then roll in bread crumb mixture until well coated.
- Pour enough oil into a large high-sided skillet to come 2 inches up side; heat over medium-high heat until an instant-read thermometer reads 350ºF. Working in batches, carefully drop mac and cheese balls in oil; fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mac and cheese balls to a paper towel-lined tray.
- Sprinkle with salt. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream for dipping.
Tip: Also delicious with buffalo wing sauce, ranch dip, or Caesar dip.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.