Doritos® Dinamita® Chile Limon Tacos
3/4 bag (9.75 oz bag) Doritos® Dinamita® Chile Limón Flavored Rolled Tortilla Chips
2 cups all-purpose flour (approx.)
1/4 cup canola oil, divided
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely diced onion
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/3 cup hot sauce
Lime wedges, for serving
How to make it:
- Reserve 1 cup Doritos® Dinamita® Chile Limón Flavored Rolled Tortilla Chips for filling taco; set aside in small bowl.
- In food processor, pulse remaining tortilla chips until finely crushed to make 1 2/3 cups.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour and 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips until combined. Add 3/4 cup water and 1 tbsp oil; stir until mixture reaches the consistency of dough.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface; knead to achieve a smooth consistency, adding more flour or water if needed. Let rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. On lightly floured work surface, roll each portion into 7-inch circle about 1/8 inch thick (alternatively, press each portion between 2 sheets plastic wrap in tortilla press).
- Brush large cast-iron skillet lightly with oil and set over medium heat. In batches, cook tortillas, flipping once, for 2 to 4 minutes or until lightly brown and cooked through. Wipe skillet with paper towels and reserve skillet for Step 9.
- In medium bowl, stir together ground beef and salt.
- In another large skillet set over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp oil. Add salted ground beef, onion and 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is starting to brown. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is cooked and most of the liquid has been evaporated. Reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
- Return cast-iron skillet to medium-low heat. Place 1 tortilla in hot skillet. Sprinkle with 6 tbsp shredded cheese. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tortilla is crispy and cheese is melted. Top with 1/3 cup beef mixture and a few of the reserved tortilla chips from the small bowl. Use metal spatula to gently break chips and fold tortilla in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas, remaining cheese, remaining beef mixture and remaining reserved tortilla chips.
- Transfer tacos to serving plate. Garnish with cilantro and remaining crushed chips.
- Serve tacos with hot sauce and lime wedges.
Substitute ground beef with ground pork, chicken or turkey for a variation.
Substitute Monterey Jack cheese with shredded mozzarella, Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend if preferred.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.