Dangerously Cheesy® Mac ’n Cheetos®
- 2 Cups - CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeño Cheese Flavored Snacks
- 2 Cups - CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks, pulverized
- 2 Tsp. Oil
- 6 Slices bacon, cut crosswise into ¼-in. strips
- 3 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 1 Cup - Onion, diced ¼ in.
- ½ Cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 Qt. Milk (plus more as needed)
- 1 Lb. Cavatappi, shells or other pasta
- 1½ Cups - Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ Cups - Gruyere cheese, grated
- ½ Cup - Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 Tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 Tsp. Jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
How to make it:
- Drizzle a bit of oil in a large saucepan, add the bacon and bring the pan to medium heat. Stir the bacon occasionally. When it’s crispy, remove it from the pan and drain on paper towels. Do not discard the bacon fat!
- Add butter and onion to the pan with the fat, season with salt, and cook until the onion is soft and aromatic, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, season with salt, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package suggest. Drain the pasta and reserve.
- Add the cheddar, gruyere, Parmesan and CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks to the milk mixture and whisk to combine. Add the mustard and chopped jalapeños and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding a little more milk if the mixture seems too thick. Stir in the cooked bacon and pasta.
- Transfer the mac to a 4-quart casserole dish and put in broiler for about five minutes or until the top is crunchy.
- Sprinkle generously with the lightly chopped CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeño Cheese Flavored Snacks to make that dish Insta-worthy—because it’s 2020. And did you even cook it if you don’t show it?
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.