Meatloaf is the easy to make masterpiece that has been a dinner favourite for over half a century. You can make it with lean ground beef or turkey or even change up the sauce and spice combinations so that no two loaves are alike. If you’re looking for the mouth-watering classic – that’s exactly what you’re going to get with this family meatloaf.
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape meatloaf mixture into 10x6‑inch loaf on rack of broiler pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until meatloaf is to medium doneness (160°F for beef, 170°F for turkey), until not pink in centre and juices show no pink colour.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers promptly and use within 2 days, or wrap airtight and freeze up to 3 months.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.