- 1 cup finely ground CHEETOS® Crunchy XXTRA FLAMIN' HOT® Cheese Flavored Snacks
- (make a little extra for garnish)
- 1 ½ cup yellow masa harina corn flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ¾ cup boiling hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 8 large dried corn husks for tamales, soaked in water for one hour
- 1 lb. grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Crema Mexicana
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Whisk ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Lime Pickled Onions
- 1 red onion, fine julienne
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbps. Chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together in a small mixing bowl 5-10 minutes before ready to serve.
How to make it:
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the Cheetle® (ground Cheetos®), masa harina, salt, baking powder and cayenne and mix until well combined.
- On medium speed add the butter and then the hot stock, lime juice and zest and turn speed up to high for about 2 minutes until the masa is light and fluffy.
- Lay out 8 corn husks and divide the masa between them.
- Using a rubber spatula spread the masa out into a 5 inch square stretching from the broad edge of the corn husk ¾ way to the top and centered from side to side. Make sure the thickness is even.
- Place a little more than ½ cup of grated cheese in your hand and squeeze it into a 4 inch long log and place in the center, then roll one edge over the top, gently pull the corn husk away and roll the other side over so that they overlap masa on masa.. Roll the corn husk up and then using a thin strip of corn husk tie the top of the tamale off about 2 inches from the top. Repeat until all tamales are formed.
- Gently steam the tamales for 20 minutes, turn the heat off and let rest for 10 more minutes before serving, garnished with lime crema, lime pickled onions and a little of the ground Cheetle® and if you like, some grated Cotija cheese.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered. Rate & review your favorite products.