Cheetos® Grilled Cheese + Tomato Soup
- 1¼ cup Coarsely chopped CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheddar Jalapeño Cheese Flavored Snacks
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large red onion
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 cup White wine
- 2 pounds Ripe summer tomatoes
- 10 Basil leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 2 cups Tomato juice
- 2 cups Day-old Italian bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 ½ cups CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks
- High-quality olive oil for finishing
- 16 slices Bacon
- 8 slices Beefsteak tomato, ¼-inch thick
- 2 ½ cups Grated cheddar cheese (grated on the large holes)
- 1 ½ cups Mayonnaise
- 8 slices White or sourdough pullman loaf
- 8 Cheddar cubes
- 4 White cheddar cubes
- 12 Pickled jalepeño slices
- 8 Cherry tomatos
- 4 Whole CHEETOS® Puffs Cheese Flavored Snacks
- 4 Sprigs of basil
How to make it:
- Coat a large, wide pot with olive oil over medium heat, and add the onions. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Cook the onions for 8 to 10 minutes until they are soft. Add the smashed and finely chopped garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce by half.
- Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt. Cook until the tomatoes are soft. Toss in the whole basil leaves.
- Working in batches, carefully purée the tomato soup in the blender until smooth. Return purée to the pot.
- Stir in the bread and 1 cup of coursly chopped CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks, and cook the soup over medium heat until the bread and CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks have lost their shape. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the soup in a cup. Cover the rim with finely pulverized CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks. Top the soup with basil chiffonade and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Garnishing on Tomato Soup
- Skewer 1: (From bottom to top)a. Cheddar cube b. Jalapeno slice c. White cheddar cube d. Jalepeño slice e. Cheddar cube
- Skewer 2: (From bottom to top) a. Cherry Tomato b. CHEETOS® Puffs Cheese Flavored Snacks c. Cherry Tomato
- Place 1 crispy slice of bacon between skewers.
- Finish with a spring of basil and chopped basil for garnish.
- Grilled Cheese
- Cook 12 slices of bacon until crisp but still slightly pliable.
- Spread an even layer of mayonnaise on 1 side of 4 slices of the bread. Lay the bread mayo-side down. Sprinkle grated cheese in a thin, even layer on each slice of bread. Arrange 3 slices of bacon on top of the cheese. Place 2 tomato slices on each sandwich.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on each sandwich. Sprinkle each sandwich with chopped CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheddar Jalepeño and top with the remaining bread. Spread a thin, even layer of mayo on each bread. Press down sandwich.
- Cook the sandwiches on a griddle or a sauté pan until brown and crispy on both sides and the cheese is melted. Cut each sandwich into thirds.
- Serve the hot sandwiches next to the tomato soup.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.