A heart healthy diet should include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy, lean protein and legumes, and should limit fat, saturated fat and cholesterol and sodium.
- 1/3 cup Quaker® Oats (quick, old fashioned, steel cut, or steel cut quick, uncooked)
- 3/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (or no sugar-added vanilla yogurt or traditional plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped very ripe pear (half of a medium-size pear)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, long stems removed
How to make it:
- Place oats in blender or food processor container and process until oats are finely ground.
- Add yogurt and water; blend to combine completely. Add pear, berries and spinach, if using (Add additional water if thinner consistency is desired.); blend until smooth. Yield: about 1 3/4 cups
Note: Frozen fruit will make a thicker, frozen smoothie. If fruit is not frozen, add three to four ice cubes and blend until smooth for a colder and thicker smoothie.
All the classics you love + new flavors waiting to be discovered.